Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

cp5ooo shutter release speed

Started by jack r ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

cp5ooo shutter release speed

2 posts
  1. I have not been able to find out what this setting does. I looked at the nikon site and in my book.

     

    Under the monitor options (in the menu) it says Shutter Release Speed, then you have the option for normal and quick response.

     

    Can anyone tell me what that is?

     

    ( I have updated the firmware to 1.7)

     

    By the way, I am taking it to Papua New Guinea on Thursday.

     

    Thanks

  2. This was from the "Notes" section of the firmware 1.7 update.......

     

    2) Control options for Shutter Release Speed

     

    The Monitor Options item in the setup menu now contains a Shutter Release Speed setting that controls the speed of shutter response as follows.

     

    Option “Normal”: Priority given to quality of preview displayed in monitor.

     

    Option “Quick Response”: Reduces the time lag between pressing the shutter-release button all the way down and shutter being released to take a picture.

     

    Hope this helps explain. Have a fun & safe trip....be sure to share your pics with us! :D

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.