Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Titan D100 Photos

Started by james ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Titan D100 Photos

5 posts
  1. Well, not quite live...I took this about 3 hrs ago at the Light and Motion booth at Seaspace.

     

    That silver ring in the back is the converter ring for mounting the Subal dome port. It hasn't been anodized yet.

     

    Full report and photos will follow next week.

     

    Cheers

    James

  2. So James, the Titan D100 is a consumer digicam?

     

    I really like the black anodized but unpainted DEMA, BTS, and OWU version better, though.

  3. I thought I'd put all the Seaspace photos in here as they come in as there's all different types of stuff.

     

    But alas, I'll move this to the DSLR section - since you busted me..:-)

     

    Cheers

    James

  4. Busted?, nah, all in fun!

     

    Hey, what were your impressions of the housing? I'm interested in your take, as a very experienced DSLR user.

     

    You can guess what I think of it :)

  5. Well, I don't want t write a review or anything - I didn't get to use the housing. I just got to play with it and got a demonstration from the folks at LMI.

     

    Things I like:

     

    Camera tray: slides into the housing on rails and locks in place. Nice! No way to misalign the camera in the housing (I have done it w/ others).

     

    Ports: Wide variety available because of the conversion rings. LMI also had their own flat port which looked pretty nice.

     

    Size: the housing w/ handles was very compact.

     

    Things I think are not so good:

     

    Electronics: The interface to the camera is through the contacts for the MB-16 grip. Not only are the strobe controls electronic - just about EVERY camera function is controlled electronically through the handles. If the electronics go out on a trip, you are hosed.

     

    Cheers

    James

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.