Skip to content

Member Introductions / Archived topic

Hello from Tennessee

Started by butchp ·

  • 10Posts
  • 10Replies

Read-only discussion

Hello from Tennessee

10 posts
  1. New to the site and would just like to say hello and WOW WHAT A SITE!!!!!!!!! I have been out of diving and photography for a number of years and slowly getting back into the swing of things. The articals and advise on this site is nothing short of fantasic. My old setup was a NIk III and Ike 150 strobe - scanning some of the old slides and will post my best (far short of the work I've seen here tho - LOL) later. New camera is a Nikon D60 and standard 35-70mm VR lens. Any and all comments are welcome and thanks in advance for your time.

     

    Sorry for such a long intro but you guys (and gals) have me pumped!!

     

     

    Butch

  2. Long intro... you're joking aren't ya! That was short, some posters on here go on like their trying to re-write the bible or something....

     

    Great to see ya online here, just make sure you keep postin', keep askin' and keep the fire burning...

     

    Can you send me some of that gud ole Tennesse BBQ, or at least just tell me about those flavours! I hope to get down that way some time in my life to eat my way round!

  3. Long intro... you're joking aren't ya! That was short, some posters on here go on like their trying to re-write the bible or something....

     

    Great to see ya online here, just make sure you keep postin', keep askin' and keep the fire burning...

     

    Can you send me some of that gud ole Tennesse BBQ, or at least just tell me about those flavours! I hope to get down that way some time in my life to eat my way round!

     

     

    If you are coming from Bali to eat 'Q I'll cook all the butts and ribs you can eat!!!!!!

     

    BP

  4. have you ever heard of Smokestack Lightning? It was a book that went on to become a documentary about BBQ'd food!

  5. have you ever heard of Smokestack Lightning? It was a book that went on to become a documentary about BBQ'd food!

     

    No I haven't. Might be a good read - I'll check it out this weekend.

     

    BP

    Edited by butchp
  6. Hey Butch, what part of TN are you in? I grew up in Memphis and still have family there.

     

    Kevin

  7. No I haven't. Might be a good read - I'll check it out this weekend.

     

    BP

    Also check out the doco at Smokestack Lightning

     

    Let me know what you think of the clip, if you like, order a copy. It's an amazing insight into real BBQ foods, real characters who are truly passionate about food with great music too!

  8. Hey Butch, what part of TN are you in? I grew up in Memphis and still have family there.

     

    Kevin

     

    Hey Kevin

     

    I was born in Memphis but I've lived in Chattanooga most of my life.

  9. Hey Kevin

     

    I was born in Memphis but I've lived in Chattanooga most of my life.

    Hey Butch Im in Brentwood - we should get together and compare notes and dive stories - Visit My Website

    Edited by segal3
  10. Love to!!

     

    Got laid off the first of Dec.08 so my plans are sort of in limbo but got a new job now and trying to get back into the swing of things. New job will put me in Aruba from mid May to end of July. Can't miss out on diving on the company nickle!!!! If you have any info on dive shop there let me know.

     

    Butch Palmer

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.