Did anyone use this filter with a Nikonos V and if so do you have any suggestions for its use? Thanks TedJ
- 2Posts
- 2Replies
Read-only discussion
CC30R Filter use
-
-
I use it (well in 40 and 50CC versions) on my Nik V stuck to the rear of the 15mm lens.
A 30CC will work best with a light path of 7.5 feet (working on 4CC units of per foot of light path). So it is a shallow water tool. You will also loose 1-2 stops of light compared with shooting without the filter. You can get away with being a couple of feet either side on the light path and still get reasonable slides.
Below is a picture I took two years ago on film using a 50CC red and 17-35mm on my Nikon F100. This is probably my favourite filtered shot (not on digital). It was a long exposure, zooming the lens while the shutter was open. I was probably 3-4 feet shallower than the optimum light path for that filter - that's why the orange Anthias are Red! Now this doesn't matter on an abstract shot like this - but would be unacceptable if the shot was taken without the zoom blur.
I think CC RED filters are particularly good for people's skin tones. But it is easiest to get pleasing results on digital - where you can tune camera's white balance or post process in Photochop!
Alex
Oh, light path is surface to subject and on to camera.