Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Nudi from Florida

Started by Alex_Mustard ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

Nudi from Florida

8 posts
  1. Photographed this guy at night in Florida - Blue Heron Bridge. Seen many species similar to this flattered form in Indonesia, but not in Atlantic. About 5-7cm 2-3":

     

    post-713-1217853120.jpg

     

    Can anyone provide me with an ID?

     

    Thanks,

     

    Alex

  2. Photographed this guy at night in Florida - Blue Heron Bridge. Seen many species similar to this flattered form in Indonesia, but not in Atlantic. About 5-7cm 2-3":

     

    post-713-1217853120.jpg

     

    Can anyone provide me with an ID?

     

    Thanks,

     

    Alex

     

    Anne Dupont's website has a lot of Florida and Caribbean nudibranchs.

    I think is probably the same type that you found Alex.

    http://www.medslugs.de/E/Atl-W/Pleurobranc...ticus_cf_01.htm

  3. Doesnt look like a pleurobranch at all. Look at the big gills on the back of Alex's image. It's some kind of Platydoris/Dendrodoris/.... Julie's trying to find it :)

     

    edit: she thinks it may be Discodoris evelinae

     

    Discodoris evelinae

    Edited by bella
  4. Doesnt look like a pleurobranch at all. Look at the big gills on the back of Alex's image. It's some kind of Platydoris/Dendrodoris/.... Julie's trying to find it :)

     

    Ooops, I need to pay more attention to what I'm looking at. I didn't even see those gills.

  5. The evelinae in seaslugforum looks totally different, but they are extremely variable. Caribbean Reef ID book we have shows a very similar photo. Also, some of the comments in seaslugforum have more similar images.

  6. Thanks guys. I always find these ID threads interesting and educational.

     

    Alex

  7. Hi Alex,

     

    I have photographed that same little guy there. In fact, we were on the day dive with you. I was showing Jim some critters when he signaled me up and we had a little surface chat.

    Your animal could be Discodoris evelinae, or Geitodoris immunda . It is hard to tell without seeing underneath.

    You can check out both in Caribbean Sea Slugs (Now Alex, you do have our book, don't you?).

    Come back to Florida soon. Anne

    Edited by Annediver
Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.