Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

slide scans

Started by vazuw ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

slide scans

2 posts
  1. I have some slides, which are aging, and I would like to scan them. I want to have long term preservation, and be able to get large prints from the digital files. Can someone help me determine from the many scan types what might be best for me. I'd probably be using west coast imaging here in la.

  2. You could always buy a second hand top end slide scanner. Nikon and Polaroid made (or maybe still make) outstanding slide scanners. I used to use them until I went digital which was only a couple of years ago. Shots scanned on my Polaroid have been used in advertising billboard campaigns so there is nothing wrong with them.

     

    Alternately if you want even better quality a drum scan is the way to go

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.