Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

battery pack for 10D other than BP 511

Started by dolphine ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

battery pack for 10D other than BP 511

5 posts
  1. can you recommend me other battery pack that has better performance than BP511? thx

  2. The 512 works as well, but I don't see the need. I had a power 2000 bp-511 (sold at B&H) last 4 (60 min) dives. Make sure the review and auto off time is set to the lowest option. Also the power 2000, bp-511 battery does seem to last quite a bit longer than the Canon version.

  3. thx reefkeep.

     

    are you also using power2000 charger? if you do, how long does it take to charge from empty?

    I need a charger that can take DC input, canon's original is too expensive.

  4. Hi,

     

    I like to state that I paid 10 EUR less for the BP-512, funny, eh?

    So far I could not figure out which battery is better. Except from

    the missing nodge in the BP-512 it seem identical to the BP-511.

     

    I am planning to always use it with the original charger. Do you think

    we might run into trouble with this on safarie boats? So far I never

    had to use the 12V adapters we once bought for our subtronic

    strobes...

     

    ..but I am not sure it the original charger from Canon is that well

    protected against power fluctuations. Have you any thoughts?

  5. do you know if there is any other alternative power source, like for example external battery pack using AA battery or any compatible disposable Li ion battery?

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.