I bought Peter Rowland's Nikon 12-24, he and Alex Mustard suggested I get a +3 diopter to use with it for shooting whales. Alex had been using the exact same lens I bought with the +3. This setup is behind Subal's 8" FE dome port with a 40mm ex ring. Other brand ports might be different.
+3, single element diopters were harder to find but, here is what I got from B & H:
B+W 77mm CLOSE-UP LENS +3 (NL3) - BWCU377
I'm told that I will still have infinity focus underwater with 12-24 & +3. I haven't had the opportunity to shoot anything big enough to test it right now.
I also use the double-element Nikon 5T and 6T (no longer manufactured - you have to buy used) on my Nikon 105vr, but I've had to remove the black rings and secure with blu tak to fit in the Subal 105vr port - your port will be different probably. Search forums for that data if you want to go that route. I've never used a diopter on my Nikon 60mm.
I've also used the Woody's wet diopter with the 105vr. I had one specially made to fit the Subal 105vr port. It is convenient, but the quality is not up to the double element, close-up diopters. There are other wet and dry diopter options too, research by searching WP forums for diopters, etc.
Best, Carol