Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Best lens for mola mola?

Started by Painted Frogfish ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Best lens for mola mola?

2 posts
  1. Hi,

    Will be going to Bali, Indonesia to see mola molas.

    What is the best lens to use? I was considering 10.5mm or 12-24mm. Thanks.

  2. I am hoping to be in Bali next month also to see Molas and have both lenses you mentioned. I am leaning toward the 12-24, but will probably use both. Depending on the vis and number of other divers in the water, I think the 10.5 might too wide and bring a lot of unwanted objects in the frame. Then again the fisheye distortion might make for some interesting shots of their odd shape.

     

    Anybody have any examples from these lenses?

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.