Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Will 12-24DX fit Ikelite Wide Dome

Started by jnsgonda ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Will 12-24DX fit Ikelite Wide Dome

6 posts
  1. Hello,

     

    Has anyone looked into whether or not the Nikon 12-24 DX lens with fit any of the Ikelite ports?

     

    Thanks,

     

    John

  2. The front filter ring is the same size as the 18-35 (77mm) so it will probably fit. Whether you will be able to zoom will depend on the diameter of the zoom ring. Since no one has the lens yet, it's hard to say. I would say 75% chance it will fit.

     

     

    HTH

    James

  3. Last week I sent an email to Ikelite asking whether their new housing for the D100 would support this lens. This is the email response I received.

     

    Unknown. I do not believe this lens is produced in the United States. You can measure the lens zoom ring diameter and fully extended length, and reference the lens port page below. You can also go to www.wetpixel.com to possibly find your answer.

     

    http://www.ikelite.com/web_pages/slrport.html

  4. I do not believe this lens is produced in the United States.

     

    If it was, it would be a Nikon first.

  5. Seems like whoever answered might have meant "available" rather than produced............

  6. I should (fingers crossed) have the lens next week and I can measure whatever needs measuring.

     

    Cheers

    James

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.