Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Apacer Disc Steno (CD Burner)

Started by astrl ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Apacer Disc Steno (CD Burner)

4 posts
  1. Hi all! I just got back from the Flower Gardens and I have tested the disc steno (CD Burner) in the field.

     

    The device works well! I was able to use the Compact Flash converter with my xD cards and burned all of my pictures on one CD (I was using SHQ). It created a different session for each disc. I used the the power adapter, so I haven't tested the system using the rechargeable battery yet. I'm pretty pleased!

     

    astrl :D

  2. Can't wait to see some photos! Did you guys see anything unusual?

     

    Cheers

    James Wiseman

  3. I saw a reef shark (no pic :( ), some spotted eagle rays, spotted moray, coral banded shrimp, and a stingray. Also saw some blennies hiding in barnacle shells. Too bad I didn't have my camera on that dive. :(

     

    Some of the group saw more than I did. They saw an octo, several rays, sharks, etc.

     

    I'll post some of the pics as soon as I get them sized down and touched up a bit. I'm still working on setting up a site online so I can upload everything.

     

    We weren't able to get a line on a rig, so we did a "Southern hot drop"... the divemaster's name for it not mine. :D

     

    It was a great trip!

     

    astrl

  4. I have tried out the Apacer as well. I got one of the first ones off the line and tried it out in West Palm Beach in early June. Worked like a champ on rechargeable battery. I don't know for sure, but the battery life didn't seem up to the claims they made, though. But I used the CF adapter as well as the Smart Media slots and it was awesome. Love it!

     

    --John

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.