Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

padded dividers or foam for a pelican 1510 case?

Started by jamescrew6 ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

padded dividers or foam for a pelican 1510 case?

3 posts
  1. I recently bought additional new equipment that will now require a new insert for my Pelican 1510 case. I have always used foam but I am considering using the padded dividers instead. My question is, since I do check my 1510 rather than carry it on the plane, will the padded dividers provide sufficient protection when it might get rough handeling by baggage personnel?

     

    Regards,

     

    Bill

  2. I personally use the padded dividers. This gives me the flexibility to reconfigure my case to accomodate additions to my setup, or change things around based upon what may be going on a specific trip.

     

    I supplement the dividers with tee shirts, towels, etc., to ensure things stay in place.

     

    Now, if someone would just invent some type of bouyancy device to make it weigh less for check-in....

  3. Now, if someone would just invent some type of bouyancy device to make it weigh less for check-in....

    What you need to do is to flush the case with Helium before you close it. That ought to lighten it by a gram or so :bananashark:

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.