Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

POW entries

Started by stewsmith ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

POW entries

8 posts
  1. I have just had a look through this weeks picture of the week competition and think there are some excellent shots entered. its a shame there can only be one winner.

    Does wetpixel do a calender ? Maybe a vote from a few of the Pro's on here at the end of the year of all the weekly winners of the Wetpixel POW being the entrants.

    What do others think. I know I would order.

     

    Obviously the use of each photo would have to be given.

     

    Stew

  2. Heh, on a whim I threw one of mine in. Then I noticed that with days left to submit, it already had more submissions than most closed contests! Just my luck. Fish Faces must be a very appealing theme/topic. I might put another one in, in fact, though there are several that are head and shoulders (gills and pectoral fins?) above mine.

  3. Sorry for the random reply... I'm a newbie here, and would like to make an intro and ask a question, however rules are you need to reply to a post before you can make your first...

     

    Cheers

     

    Stu

    Edited by bottlefish
  4. Sorry for the random reply... I'm a newbie here, and would like to make an intro and ask a question, however rules are you need to reply to a post before you can make your first...

     

    Cheers

     

    Stu

     

    you should be able to post a new thread straight away stu. if you click on the " new post " tab

  5. Posted successfully now, thanks

  6. I like the idea of a POTW calendar. Eric et al would have to contact people to get higher resolution shots of the winners, negotiate reprinting rights, and with a 3 shots weekly a 'calendar' would fill up pretty fast...but still, I like it. Of course I'm sure he's also mining the POTW winners for the magazine, on occasion, as well.

     

    Add the lunar cycle to the dates (influences night diving and coral spawning), and any worldwide dive events or photography contests known about far enough in advance....

     

    Sell it separate, give it away along with a 3 year subscription to the mag or a WP-supporter donation beyond a certain amount....what do you say, guys? ;)

  7. Sounds like a great idea, i would be up for that. With 3 pics a week there could be a final com of the year, kind of a winner of winners comp that can be voted on by members. Usually have to have the calendars in to the designer/printers by late October though.

  8. Hi gang i would just like to say how much i enjoy POTW it has been a real boast to my confidence as a photographer i have managed to win POTW 2 times now and im still in shock .

     

    Also i think the idea of a calender is a great idea as it will showcase the amazing talent of these photographers the quality of the images is fantastic .

     

    P.S the winner of fish faces GREAT JOB /////

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.