Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

any suggestions or bright ideas ?

Started by erico ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

any suggestions or bright ideas ?

7 posts
  1. Hi

    I have just arrived out in Grenada for a two week dive holiday... needless to say I forgot my d200 battery charger. I have asked my family to fedex it out from N Ireland but it is not arriving till friday eve. ( cost 200 $ to send ) . I have asked about but its low season here and not many divers or any place that can help. I hate to miss out on the next 3 days without my camera... as Murphys Law would be .. that is when I am going to see something special.

    I was thinking of trying to use my phone charger and holding wires to the battery ... anybody with any bright ideas ?

     

    thanks for any advise

    Eric

  2. Eric,

     

    That's one of my worst nightmares -- forgetting a critical component that impacts the entire trip.

     

    I've been googling around for camera retailers there. So far, the best is a photo lab that apparently sells some supplies, too.

     

    Magicolor Photo Lab

    Address: Grand Anse Shopping Centre, St. George's

    Phone: (1-473) 444-1628

     

    Here are some photo studios. Perhaps one nearby would at least be able to direct you to a store that would have a charger.

     

    ABC Foto Studio

    Address: Market Hill, St. George's

    Phone: (1-473) 440-5780

     

    Creative Photo Studio

    Address: Main Street Hillsborough, Carriacou

    Phone: (1-473) 443-6151

     

    D L G Foto Mart

    Address: Victoria Street Grenville St And

    Phone: (1-473) 438-3686

     

    Fraser's Photo Studio

    Address: Granby Street, St. George's

    Phone: (1-473) 440-3603

     

    Infinity Photo Graphix

    Address: Tyrrel House H.A. Blaize Street, St. George's

    Mailing Address: P.O. Box 1252

    Phone: (1-473) 435-2222

     

    Modern Photo Studio

    Address: Church Street, St. George's

    Phone: (1-473) 440-1779

     

    Quash Picture Palace

    Address: #1 Frenchi's Mall Hillsborough Street, St. George's

    Phone: (1-473) 440-9222

     

    Good luck, and good diving,

     

    Mark

  3. Hi

    I have just arrived out in Grenada for a two week dive holiday... needless to say I forgot my d200 battery charger. I have asked my family to fedex it out from N Ireland but it is not arriving till friday eve. ( cost 200 $ to send ) . I have asked about but its low season here and not many divers or any place that can help. I hate to miss out on the next 3 days without my camera... as Murphys Law would be .. that is when I am going to see something special.

    I was thinking of trying to use my phone charger and holding wires to the battery ... anybody with any bright ideas ?

     

    thanks for any advise

    Eric

     

    Lithium Ion batteries are very touchy to charge so manufacturers put memory chips in them to help them keep track of the state of the battery. Trying to rig something is pretty questionable but even if it did add some charge your camera may not know it because of the "smart"s. I wouldn't attempt it.

    Edited by craig
  4. Thanks for the help... i will try tomorrow going to those places and see if they can help.. but just to let you know I have rigged from my ipod speaker charger .. two wires and used ELASTIC band to keep the two wires touching the + and - connections... i check every 15 mins and place back in camera to see the charge. I have gone from 7% to 44 % in the last 40 mins... so heres hoping i had nothing to loose as i am getting my spare battery shipped out with the charger...

    Will make sure I have check list next time..

     

    thanks again

    Eric

  5. HI,

    Sorry to here about your mishap, it may be cheaper to buy a new one from one of the list of outlets as to get yours posted

    from home.

    Andy

  6. Thanks again.. thought I had down the job with my improvise ..but it lasted only a couple of shots and went dead... and then ..!! two large eagle rays swam right over my head !!! " murphys law "

    Fedex says it will be here friday 6pm but that means 2 days without camera .. will try these outlets from above ..thanks for info .

     

    eric

  7. Does anyone near you have a charger for a D70/80/100/300? Should work on D200 batteries. I just got a D300 & my D70 charger works fine. Also - buy a spare when you get home. Even if you have it, it could fail to work properly.

    Edited by jcclink
Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.