Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

expedition into the unknown

Started by markhardy ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

expedition into the unknown

4 posts
  1. I read in a German dive mag that Hans Hass' 26-part TV series "Expedition ins Unbekannte" (expedition into the unknown, 1958-62) is being released as a 5-disk DVD box set. Apparently it was made for a German broadcaster AND for the BBC, and so I figure it might have been braodcast in English as well. Does anyone know? And does the box-set exist in English as well? My German is okay, but I would still rather enjoy this in English!

     

    Cheers,

    Mark

  2. Well I'm surprised it isn't a dual language DVD set. It's so easy to include a 2nd soundtrack in english. Your best bet is to find the production company that owns the rights and ask them. He certainly is a man with a past and controversial, certainly more so than Leni Riefenstahl. I still remember watching Men among sharks years ago.

  3. I remember watching this in English as a child. It was this series that first made me want to go diving so I would love to watch it again.

  4. certainly more so than Leni Riefenstahl.

     

     

    !!! I know he dived in occupied Greece, but he never filmed the Nuremberg rallies, and, as far as I know, never blew holes in Red Sea reefs to make movies...

     

    Tim

    :lol:

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.