Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Worm ID

Started by dwashbur ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Worm ID

4 posts
  1. We found this worm just below the surface at the breakwater in Monterey Bay, California, at the beginning of a night dive recently. So far we can't find it in any of our books, and it's outside Leslie's bailiwick ;) Can anybody identify it?

     

    worm1.jpg

  2. You worm abuser! I can't believe you handled the marine wildlife - for shame!

     

    Sorry, that was a sarcastic joke. Welcome to Wetpixel Dave.

     

    Just from my experience it looks like a peanut worm - but I'm sure our resident worm expert can do a lot better than I can.

     

    Regards,

    James

  3. You worm abuser! I can't believe you handled the marine wildlife - for shame!

     

    Sorry, that was a sarcastic joke. Welcome to Wetpixel Dave.

     

    Just from my experience it looks like a peanut worm - but I'm sure our resident worm expert can do a lot better than I can.

     

    Regards,

    James

     

    You had me there for a second ;) But it's not my hand in the picture, so NYAAAHHHH!!!!! :)

     

    Thanks for the welcome. So far I like it here...

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.