Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Shrimp ID

Started by Lndr ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Shrimp ID

4 posts
  1. Found this shrimp under the Edithburgh Jetty on a night dive

     

    post-1321-1220503088.jpg

     

     

    when I saw it I thought of Art's search for snapping shrimp ;)

  2. Hi Leander,

     

    Without being silly, it looks like a 'yabby' to me. . . . . :)

    For those non-Australians, a 'yabby' is a freshwater crayfish/crustaecian...

    I think from memory that I read somewhere, when I was a kid, that yabbies do sometimes venture into salty water. . . . . ;)

     

    Looks like one for Leslie or Harasti, yep he's the bloke! Mr Harasti, one step forward please...

     

    Bruce...

  3. You were right Leander - it's an alpheid. I'll let him know.

  4. cool :)

     

    Thanks Leslie!

     

    sorry, no yabbie Bruce :)

    Edited by Lndr
Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.