Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Montastrea ??

Started by laz217 ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Montastrea ??

5 posts
  1. Can someone tell me from this picture if this is Montastrea faveolata or M. annularis?

     

    080822-233846-0047.jpg

     

    Thanks!

  2. Hi Laz,

     

    I'm betting on faveolata but that's based purely on the color which isn't a good indicator.

     

    Cheers

    James

  3. Thanks, James. That was my guess based on its shape, but I just wanted to be absolutely sure. Any one else have any thoughts?

  4. I'd go with M. faveolata too. But the big question is whether it is Montastrea or Montastraea! It is spelled both ways in the scientific literature!

     

    Alex

  5. Back in the days of paper and pencil I would have made the name almost illegible, mixing them up between the two, so the professor would have no choice but to give me the points in the exam. Damned word processors and elegant fonts! :lol:

     

    Thanks for the help guys! I really appreciate it.

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.