Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

EDIUS 5

Started by wagsy ·

  • 9Posts
  • 9Replies

Read-only discussion

EDIUS 5

9 posts
  1. Multi format editing just got better

     

    So they finally released a Mac Version? :lol:

  2. Ha ha..hi Drew.....

    I'm downloading now.

    There is an upgrade offer.

    Edited by wagsy
  3. Ha ha..hi Drew.....

    I'm downloading now.

    They is an upgrade offer.

     

     

    Let me know how it goes, should be fun for you. New toys are always cool :lol:

  4. So they finally released a Mac Version? :lol:

     

    Exactly what I was thinking :wacko:

  5. OKAY first thoughts.

    It loads up in no time and is much faster than 4.61.

    Has 1920/1080 24 or 25p presets

    Rips through raw 1920/1080p MXF XDCAM files.... like editing DV :lol:

    Realtime 3D fades and stuff even with HD footage.

     

    I dropped a raw 1920/1080 24p AVCHD file on the timeline and it even edited that at full res be it at about 15-20fps. Good enough for simple cuts, just clunky to edit with.

    Can output AVCHD files and a ton of other pro formats.....

     

    post-4240-1221189804.jpg

     

    post-4240-1221189817.jpg

    Edited by wagsy
  6. Can output AVCHD files and a ton of other pro formats.....

     

    Hi Wags,

     

    I didn't have the time to visit the website and read through the new features, but I have the following questions.

    Do they support the RED?

    Are the old export plugins still supported, especially the FLV exporter.

  7. Well it now takes like 10 seconds for the whole program to open up. :lol:

    It's allot more responsive, Print to DVD works much better, title is super fast and I get overlay real good in realtime.

    The realtime effects are pretty cool and the old 3D ones run in realtime now too with HDV.

    The video layout tool is keyframable.

     

    RED? Well direct me to were I can download some material and I will give it a try.

     

    The Exporter does lots of different formats like H.264, MPEG, wmv, flv, AVCHD, XDCAM, DVCDPRO, Panasonic P2, Panasonic VariCam, and so on...

    Rendering out speed is pretty fast on my QUAD here.

     

    I would say once you have tried it you will not go back to 4.61.

    It can also run on VISTA.

     

    The extra plug ins look pretty cool as well but will have to wait as they are not in the demo.

    ProDAD VitaScene

    ProDAD Mercalli

    NewBlueFX Motion Effects, Art Effects and Film Effects

    iZotope VST Audio Plug-ins

    Corel DVD MovieFactory SE

     

    I'll see if I can load up some of the old plugins, but one has to uninstall the old EDIUS to install this new version.

  8. Edius does not support 4k RedRaw. Adobe is about to announce support though.

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.