I found those in 2m depth just after the beach, Algerian Mediterranean, Size 8 to 12 cm.
They seem to have an anal opening on the back, see the sand pellets popping out.
Anybody knows this species ? I had never seen them before but now there where several of them.
Thanks
Sven.
pm. I had a macro lens, couldn't take a full shot
Cool. It looks quite like a sea hare, until you see it going to the toilet at which point it looks much more like a sea cucumber. Not familiar with this species at all.
In Med at the moment. Nobody here has seen this one before.
Alex
Apparently there are 500 species of sea cucumbers known from the Mediterranean.
Alex
It is a sea hare - Bursatella leachi.
Dear Leslie
You're incredible. Thanks for the ID.
Sven,
Alex, thanks for your comments too.
By the way, your book Reefs Revealed is great. I had a non diving holiday and enjoyed some coach book - diving the evenings. Beatyfull images (this was no surprise), interesting text. You can be very proud of such a book !!!