Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Some More Colour Correction

Started by wagsy ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

Some More Colour Correction

7 posts
  1. Well over here on Ningaloo Reef, we might have quite abit of marine life but we are not really blessed with clear water....rule No1... never trust the glossy brochures :uwphotog:

    For most of the time is has a greenish tinge to it or is full of particles floating around so unless you are shooting macro or are really really close, nice clear blue wide shots days are limited.

     

    Anyhow here are some dirty and or un white balanced clips I put together to test out the latest version of my NLE using it's CC, 3D effects and using H.264 in FLASH .

    As it plays it changes from as shot to CC.....some might be done abit over the top as I did this pretty quick.

     

    It was cut up from raw 1440/1080 HDV m2t files all in real time even with the 3D transitions which are pretty cool.

    I put it together with FLASH AS3 which you can watch full screen if you have the latest flash player.

     

    Specs are... EDIUS 5 to Canopus HQ then into Mediacoder to make the single pass 960/540 CBR H.264 clip.

    For those that have not used Mediacoder, it's free and boy is it fast, great for QUADS.

    There is even a version for you MAC folks. :)

    I messed around quite abit to find the best H.264 settings.

     

    If you want a look...(broadband only)

     

    http://www.hdvunderwater.com/flashHD/colour.html

     

    For my next one I will cut up a clear water one.....

    Edited by wagsy
  2. That is very impressive Wags. Some nice transitions there.

     

    Is the colour correction better with v5 over 4.6 or just faster?

     

    Roger

  3. Hey someone read my post..... :uwphotog:

     

    Well it's not that bad here really.....I just like blue water....

     

    Roger it uses the same CC controls as 4.60.

    For that clip I just use the colour wheel, quick and easy.

     

    5 has a ton of very adjustable realtime 3D transitions.

    The program is more responsive and opens up in a no time....

    The new output encoder is very fast.

  4. Hey Wags,

     

    Very cool stuff and neat transitions!

    BTW: you forgot to zoom one of the early shots to overcome the housings vignetting :P...couldn't help myself :good:

     

    Shawn

    Edited by shawnh
  5. Hi Shawn

    What? There is no vignetting on that housing.

    I used the A1, which by the way this year developed a tape alignment problem so after I got it back from the professional camera tech guys whom could not fix it......I got me tools out and fixed it myself. :P

    Edited by wagsy
  6. Cool,

    I just noticed on the second clip when you pulled back all the way there was some serious vignetting on the lower right and minor on the lower left. Take a look and let me know what you see. Wasn't sure what caused that. Anyway, was just poking a little fun and actually really enjoyed your presentation of the side by sides.

    Shawn

  7. O yes you are correct Shawn, I got confused and thought we were looking at this one shot with the A1.

     

    http://www.hdvunderwater.com/flashHD/evo/evo.html

     

    Yes the first one was done with the Phenom and yes I pulled it back to far to reveal you know what..ha ha... :P

    It's abit of a pain but the +'s out way the negatives.

Reef Photo & Video

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.