I'm new to this site and gaining a lot of information. I have a question I was hoping to get assistance on. I'm sick of my PC and will be purchasing a Mac Probook probably by the end of the month. Mac has a digital photo program called Aperature. I was wondering if anyone had any feedback both positive and negative about this program, and how user-friendly it is.
I'm new to photo-editing programs as I'm currently using PictureProject that comes with Nikon cameras and I need more features, like the healing feature and so on.
Any feedback woudl be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Chris
Chris
Welcome to Wetpixel. One thing you must learn to use is the search function. A lot of topics have been covered and you'll find what you need without having to post a new topic for every question. Otherwise you risk people not answering because it's been covered.
Good luck.
Hi Chris.
I use Macs and Aperture. Love them both. Aperture is relatively easy to learn if you take the time to go through the video tutorials on Apple's site. They will give you a big head start.
Chris -- I use Aperture as my main image organization and processing program, along with an occasional Photoshop session. People tend to have strong reactions to Aperture and Lightroom. I recommend trying them both -- but REALLY use them. I didn't like Aperture until I forced myself to use it for a few weeks. One tip -- don't use the mouse. If there is a keyboard shortcut, learn it. Otherwise, you will never learn Aperture.
Good luck, and welcome to Wetpixel. As Drew said, try a search for "Aperture" and "Mac" (Aperture is hard to search for because of its double meaning).
I agree with eric and Canuc. I use a Macbook Pro with Aperture. Before decided which system to use I tested both Aperture and Lightroom extensively. I'm a Pro photographer so the ultimate decision was important as its like signing up to Canon or Nikon (The latter being the only choice - sorry Canon users, just a bit of a joke).
Anyway. If you have never used either system then by all means test them both (You can get free month trails I believe), but you may not have a system preference if you are coming at Macs fresh. Therefore decide what features are important to you and see if they have them. What swung me was the ability to shoot tethered a feature available in Aperture, so I went for that - even though I was used to using Adobe products and liked to feel of Lightroom. In the end I relearned Aperture and am now pleased I did.
That said Lightroom is fantastic and some of my friends use it and swear by it. They wouldn't touch Aperture. At the end of the day it is what fits your working style and photographic needs most
Thanks for all of the information. I have just placed the order on my ProBook and it will have both Apeture and Photoshop.