Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

O/U shots in murky water

Started by Cal ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

O/U shots in murky water

6 posts
  1. Hey guys,

     

    So i'm planning to dive in into the Ross River in Townsville, Australia next weekend. The Ross River has viz around 1/2 a meter or so. The reason I'm diving there is to practice some O/U shots.

     

    Heres my question: In really murky water it can be hard to focus. Can I manually set my focus prior to the dive so that anything beyond a certain distance from the camera is in focus (ie 20cm to infiinity)? I'm assuming I'll have to leave the aperture at a constant value and just adjust my shutter speed so that I don't stuff up the DOF.

     

    The current lens is an 18-55mm (not ideal, i know.)

     

    any thoughts or suggestions?

     

    Maybe somebody knows the distance/aperture that I can use?

     

    Cheers!

     

    Cal

  2. Hey guys,

     

    So i'm planning to dive in into the Ross River in Townsville, Australia next weekend. The Ross River has viz around 1/2 a meter or so. The reason I'm diving there is to practice some O/U shots.

     

    any thoughts or suggestions?

     

    cheers!

     

    Cal

     

    Ahem, skooz me mista...

    But dem muddy water bad fella place?

    Got dem mad bully sharks livin' in dem place.

    Bite ya leg clean orf. Bad fella medicine them bully sharks...

     

    Bruce...

  3. Cal,

     

    1/2 metre vis, Bull sharks, Crocs and River Fever infection from mosquitoes, What are you thinking?!!! ;)

     

    Haven't you got any friends with a swimming pool? gotta be the best place to practice O/U shots.

     

    Nige

  4. The Ross River has viz around 1/2 a meter or so.

     

    half a meter, eh?

     

    post-1321-1222130289.jpg

     

    have fun :)

  5. Haha Thanks for the great replies!

     

    "But dem muddy water bad fella place?" - That had me in stitches

     

    Cheers for the links Gudge.

     

    I was actually hoping to spot a croc...............

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.