Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Strange patterns on shallow DOF

Started by Kelpfish ·

  • 1Posts
  • 1Replies

Read-only discussion

Strange patterns on shallow DOF

1 posts
  1. Hi all,

     

    I have been testing out a new lens (Nikon 24-70 2.8) at shallow depth of field and I am getting some strange line patterns. Although not underwater, the idea of shooting underwater at shallow DOF with this lens is disturbing. Heres an image I cropped. This is uncorrected and right out of raw. Look at the patterns on the right side of the rocking chair head rest and onhe lady in the background (around her head and back. Lines, lines lines!!!. Is this the banding spoken of about the D200?

     

    Any help would be appreciated. I might add that I used a prime 50mm with shallow DOF and it did not do this.

     

    Joe

    post-1513-1222013401.jpg

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.