Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

DC Dive Show?

Started by MikeO ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

DC Dive Show?

7 posts
  1. Well, I just got a note from a colleague at work who asked if I was going to the DC Dive show. Heck, I live here and I didn't even know one existed! Anyway, I see that a couple wetpixelians are presenting at the Friday night fil festival. Anyone here have any info on whether this is worthwhile (other than to potentially meet a couple people from the forum I haven't met in person before)?

     

    Mike

  2. Greetings fellow divers!

     

    If you're going to be at the DC Dive Show this weekend (Dept. 26-27) please stop by the Scuba Diving booth and say "Hi." I'll be there with special subscription and renewal offers and would love to meet anyone from this board!

     

    If you don't already have a discount admission coupon from a DC-area dive retailer, watch your e-mail inbox this evening. Scuba Diving is sending out a Special Offers message to our DepthFinder e-mail newsletter list. Print it out, bring it to the door and get 50% off show admission.

     

    Not signed up for DepthFinder? You can do it today. Go to http://www.scubadiving.com and enter your e-mail in the yellow sign-up box in the upper left corner. It's totally free, totally easy and totally worth it!

     

    Thanks and hope see you there!

     

    Keith Phillips

    Publisher and Editor

    Scuba Diving and ScubaDiving.com

    (912) 351-6234

    Edited by Keith@Scuba
  3. When is it, where is it, how much is it?

  4. The show went very well. Turn out was surprising considering the size of the venue, and amount of advertising done. I don't think I saw you there Mike? I was working at the ReefNet booth across from Backscatter.

     

    Thanks goes out to Brad Nolan for organizing the show.

  5. Nope, couldn't make it. Had to go to another event downtown. Did you get to go to the museum to see you photos? If I'd known about the dive show sooner, I might have been able to make it.

     

    Mike

  6. Yeah, I made it to the Smithsonian...BRIEFLY....but I made it. Only got to take a look at the 'Ocean Views' exhibit, which was very nice. There was lots of really great stuff. Definitely cool to see a couple of my photos up on the wall. Apparently yesterday they opened the Ocean Hall (?). Too bad I had to immediately start my 10 hour drive home after the show...

     

    OOPS, wrong account....

     

    Keri

    Edited by reefnet
Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.