Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Viewing NEF in Elements 6?

Started by PIG004 ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Viewing NEF in Elements 6?

6 posts
  1. I am unable to view and edit NEF files in Elements?

     

    My PC crashed and I lost view NX which I've been using for RAW processing. I don't currently the have the disc with me to reinstall NX but I do have Elements 6 and all the NEF files from my D300?

     

    I just can't get them to open. Apparently its not a problem if it comes straight from the camera but it won't import or open anything from an external HDD?

     

    Any ideas?

     

    Cheers.

  2. Thanks but no luck. It keeps telling me its the wrong type of file (NEF).

    Weird thing is it will open in TIFF but only as a thumb nail? :P

  3. I had a similar problem when I switched to a D300. Updating the RAW plug-in solved it for me. Did you move the current RAW plug-in from the Plug-Ins folder? And you got the latest RAW plug ins file? I think I had 4.3 but there is a new one which includes the D700.

  4. I've given up and gone back to NX althought it crashes my PC if windows media player is running.

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.