Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Windows software to make time-lapse movies?

Started by tubino ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Windows software to make time-lapse movies?

2 posts
  1. I read Ken Rockwell's explanation of making nifty short movies of time-lapse events from a few hundred photos, and found it easy to get a sequence of clouds-across-the-sky-as-the-sun-sets using the D200's interval capability. (Cool feature I hadn't used before!) If I had a Macintosh, I guess it would be easy to stitch these into a movie and export as .wmv, but... I only have Windows machines.

     

    Can anyone recommend free easy Windows software to do this?

     

    More info on the topic here:

    http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/d200/user...ng.htm#interval

  2. Okay, I downloaded Windows Movie Maker, and it was easy to make a short clip from 220 shots. (I shot one every 6 seconds to get cloud motion.) I still don't quite see how to get more control on the fps (default is 30) or image quality (it balked when I tried to increase resolution). But the results are fun! I'll post a link when I figure where to host it.

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.