Is there a way of copying all the attributes of a clip in Final Cut Pro? Including colour correction, filters, motion etc, I can see that you can paste attributes but how do you do copy / save them in the first place?
Cheers
Jon
Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic
Started by jonny shaw ·
Read-only discussion
Is there a way of copying all the attributes of a clip in Final Cut Pro? Including colour correction, filters, motion etc, I can see that you can paste attributes but how do you do copy / save them in the first place?
Cheers
Jon
Is there a way of copying all the attributes of a clip in Final Cut Pro? Including colour correction, filters, motion etc, I can see that you can paste attributes but how do you do copy / save them in the first place?
Cheers
Jon
It sounds like you want to mame fovorites? (You have copy/paste down.) You can save the items as favorites and just drag them later onto other clips if you want to use them. A few ways of doing that, but you can highlight the filter in the Filters Tab and in Effects Menu select make it a Favorite Effect (or use the Keystrokes). You can also do the same with the Motion tab settings. You can place them all in a bin and just drag the bin onto other clips (though you may have to apply the motion settings seperate.)
Thanks Drew worked a treat.
Thanks Drew worked a treat.
Glad to hear it. One other thing that is good to do, and I should have mentioned, is renaming the filters/bins that way you can see what to grab quickly. Things such as "real Green Water" or "Blown Out Highlights" so you can grab them quickly and get you in the ballpark. Works well above water also when using a couple of cameras that are not changing as much and you have settings down.
Actually I have done that with regards to depths etc, makes it pretty quick then all you need to do is a little tweeking...
Remember Johnny, should you ever have to trash preferences, which we all do at one buggy time or another, your favorites are lost. You can, however, download Final Cut Pro Rescue for free which will return your favorites and settings.
Steve
Thanks Steve, actually quick question regarding preferences; I am still using 5.1.4 and am debating upgrading will I loose all my prefs then? Or can they transfer across on the upgrade?
Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.