Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Edius Question

Started by Steve Douglas ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Edius Question

5 posts
  1. Since I've never used it I can't say anything but a PC based friend has asked me about it. Are there different versions with the same name...what is the version to get.

    Steve

  2. Hi Steve

    There are only two versions now.

    Neo or EDIUS 5

     

    Go with EDIUS 5 if they can afford it.

    There is a 30 day trail but I found there are problems with it.

    The retail 5 version runs much better though and the new GPU powered 3D effects are cool to have.

    To use the realtime 3D GPU effects you need to have a graphics card that has PixelShader 3.0 or later.

  3. Hi Steve,

     

    If your mate's pocket is a little short of dosh then consider this: although you cannot get a free update to Edius 5, Edius 4.6 is a cracking program, and there might be some cheaper copies on the market now. If money is no option then Edius 5 is the way to go.

     

    Roger

  4. Thanks all, will pass the info on.

    Steve

  5. Thanks all, will pass the info on.

    Steve

     

    On eBay you can get Edius Neo on CD for about $40-$45. Good way to try it and see how one likes it before buying the Pro version. I got one. It works fine; registered it with Canopus no problem. This version let me learn quite a bit although it doesn't do everything the Pro version can do and I will upgrade when I get $ and time.

    I did use it to build the (first) two videos at http://www.cityseahorse.com/underwater-videos

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.