Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

New Desktop...

Started by Don Silcock ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

New Desktop...

2 posts
  1. I have decided that I can't put off the replacement of my nearly 5 year old Dell desktop computer any longer and I'm seeking advice on what I should be looking for in terms of specifications.

     

    The desktop is used almost completely for digital photography and I run CS3, Lightroom 2 and Capture NX2 - all very slowly at the moment....

     

    I am currently based in Shanghai and was considering getting another Dell as there should be no warranty issues when I bring it back to Sydney next year.

     

    Don

  2. Id get a 64bit dell with vista64, at least 4gb memory (but consider increasing to 8gb, its pretty cheap these days). At least dual core, but again, id consider quad core. Photoshop family can take advantage of multi core and 64 bit OS.

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.