Hi guys,
I've been wondering about this for a while. When i take a photo, see it in the camera, and first pull up the thumbnails in Adobe Bridge they look a certain way. As soon as you click on the the thumbnail so that it loads the preview, it CHANGES, they get significantly darker and more saturated, and this is how they open up in ACR.
This is particularly bad for my UW pics as blue water goes from a nice light blue hue to this dark oversaturated muck that i have to make major adjustments to change.
I often find myself, with blue water pics which are the worst affected, taking the saturation down to like -20 or -30 and the exposure up before it starts to look normal like it did in the camera/thumbnail. This is after i've already taken the in-camera saturation right down.
What's going on here and why do they always change for the worse once adobe begins to process them, even in the preview? Does anyone else have the same sort of problem. I do have a copy of CaptureNX which i never loaded on my new computer as is was horribly slow and painful to use, but will this process my raw files better??
I shoot in AdobeRGB. I'd really appreciate any advice. Cheers,
Chris