Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Using Sigma lenses in U/W housing

Started by scubamarli ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Using Sigma lenses in U/W housing

3 posts
  1. I am about to move into a SLR housing for a Nikon F100, and I was wondering if anyone has found a housing, aside from Sea & Sea, that accepts Sigma lenses. In particular, I am interested in using a 24mm EX and a 105 macro for 1:1. I'm interested in Aquatica, but I'm not sure it would allow manual focus with either lens. Any input would be appreciated! :lol:

  2. Ive got an ikelite housing for my N70 and shoot with e sigma 28-80mm 3.5-5.6 lens and 24mm EX, using the same dome port. Using a sigma lens in your housing is the same as using a nikon or canon lens. You just have to buy the correct sized lens port to accomodate your lens. Go to the manufacturer's website and look at the charts for the dome ports. Measure your lens at its longest dimention (focus all the way down), and then pick a lens port that fits the lens.

     

    Good luck.

  3. The Aquatica will do everything you require of it!

     

    The ports are purposely made a little broader to accept a WIDE variety of lenses utilising flat/domes with extention rings.

     

    I have two Aquatica A90's (Not as sexy as the A100) although I only got to use 'em on one trip I love 'em already.

     

    The dome presents no bouyancy problems at all.

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.