Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

100% FLASH video website

Started by wagsy ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

100% FLASH video website

6 posts
  1. Howdy

     

    The other day I read that Adobe teamed up with Google to let them get in there and index FLASH sites a whole lot better.

    So having always thought about it, I decided to build a dynamic video web site completely out of FLASH.

    Most clips are H.264- 960/540 @ CBR 1500kbps and I have kept the full screen size to 960/540 so it can fit into small screens plus it looks the best 1.1 so no scaling up which can be very hard for some old computer to do.

     

    Still fine tuning it, then I will move it to the main URL but if you want a look where it is now.

    http://www.hdvunderwater.com/test.html

     

    You will find a clip from Nick and Shawn in there as well that are pulled straight from their servers.

    Nicks clips feeds in from Brightcove and Shawns is straight from his server.

     

    The beauty of having sites like this is that it's very easy to add in new clips and all the text and pics are pulled in from outside the interface making it load pretty quick.

    Video clips can be pulled in from all over the place.

  2. Just had a quick play Wags, looks good and works really well.

     

    Jon

  3. Hi Jon

    I went to your site and spotted your QT promo so I added it to the list.

    It's the 7th clip from the top and is streamed from your server.

    You have some nice stuff.

     

    If you don't want it there let me know and I will take it off but I don't think you will complain. :)

     

    Did not think of it when I was building it but the site could end with cool HD clips from all over the place.

    Best part is I don't have to host them. :)

  4. How cool is that! Nice...very nice. If, and I mean a really big IF, I wanted to build such a site, how hard would it be for a non-web person but a computer literate one to do and what literature would you suggest? Did you gather code from other sources? Please do tell or at least give hints.

     

    I wonder what the proliferation of flash is now and whether someone would be shooting themselves in the foot by doing this?

     

    BTW...Edius isn't in the cards right now so don't ask me to start there! :-)

     

    Thanks,

     

    Mark

  5. No worries at all Wags, I actually have been meaning to upload some stuff to your site I just haven't had the time. Had another mess around with it this am. Works a treat, was it hard to put together?

  6. Hi

    Thought you would not mind there Jon

     

    Mark

    I made it with FLASH CS3 so you would need to know you way around it and also it's Action Script 2 code language.

    Have not attempted to learn AS 3 yet.

    You need to be abit tenacious as some things can be very frustrating to get right.

    It was mainly made up from bunches of code I had from other projects.

    You can find templates on the net, then you can adjust them to you liking if you want to try and get one going.

    FLASH also works like illustrator in that it's all vector.

     

    I don't think you could find a MAC or PC computer user now days that has not got the FLASH player installed on their system.

     

    I used the FREE Mediacoder to render out the H.264 clips and it will take whatever as input files.

    Tried MainConcept Reference, and QT pro but Mediacoder still came out tops for quality and speed.

    Messed around with the trial Sorenson Squeeze but it would not work for me so gave up on.

     

    About the only thing I have noticed is that the user needs to have a screen res of 1000/650 or more, however I think there are not too many folks out there running screens lower than that now days.

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.