Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Digital Clinic at UK Diveshow

Started by Alex_Mustard ·

  • 10Posts
  • 10Replies

Read-only discussion

Digital Clinic at UK Diveshow

10 posts
  1. I am posting this early and I am soon to set off to both DEMA and the Antibes Festival.

     

    The UK Diveshow is on at the NEC over the weekend of 1st/2nd November and I'll be co-hosting the Digital Clinic again Saeed Rashid and Paul "Duxy" Duxfield.

     

    Saeed is an expert in Photoshop and has many years of experience in running the clinic. He's also a member here! Duxy works for Camera's Underwater and also writes the Snapper School column for Dive Magazine.

     

    468x60px.gif

     

    Also speaking at the show is John Bantin, Wetpixel member and Technical Editor of Diver Magazine - who will be sharing his experiences of 20 years in the industry.

     

    Another speaker I would like to big-up is Lars Kirkegaard who is coming to assist me on my Red Sea workshop a few days after the show.

     

    You can see the full list of speakers here.

     

    Hope to see some familiar faces.

     

    Alex

  2. Im hopefully going on the Sunday... So it will be great to meet up with any wetpixel peeps for a beer...

     

    I wont be doing any talks as i tend to swear alot... :) ...lol

     

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  3. If you are at Birmigham please come to me presentation...please! I have just realised I am an 11.00am warm-up act in a huge theatre (Concourse Suite 1) , and it might be very lonely for me!

  4. Awww John.... How could we possibly miss your turn? Me and CJ (aged 11 and another wetpixeler) will see you and everyone else on Sunday.

     

    Dean. Sure, it'd be good to say hi and swap pikey stories. I'll PM my mobile number.

  5. i sadly wont be there. other commitments i'm afraid. i was there to witness the treble act 2 years ago though. with JB, Saeed Rashid and Paul Duxfield teaming up as a trio and giving us all something to laugh about.

     

    If anyone is at a loose end it is well worth the trip. even if you dont buy a ticket to get in, you can go and listen to all of the talks for free.

  6. By the time you have paid to park at the NEC, you might as well get the show ticket! It costs so much to take the car I am flying in to Birmingham International this year! :uwphotog:

     

    Alex

  7. Me and the better half will be coming up for a quick look :P she owes me a day out having flooded one of my cameras last week in Egypt :uwphotog:

  8. Thanks to all who came. It was one of the busiest Dive Shows I can remember.

     

    JB and I also got roped into extra talks in the Red Sea Theatre on Sunday. So thanks for turning out and supporting those too.

     

    Here is the link to Saeed's tutorials:

    http://www.focusindepth.com/tutorials.html

     

    Alex

  9. I was on the St. Vincent and the Grenadines stand, just across for the Red Sea stand, heard a lot of what was going on but unfortunately couldn't get away to attend the presentations!

     

    (Mind you it means that the stand was busy... which is not a bad thing!). Hopefully next year there will be more divers on the SVG stand and I can get away!

     

    Great to meet you - albeit very briefly!

  10. Thansk for the lecture Alex, and it was good to meet you, hopefully see you at the BSOUP meeting this month.

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.