Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

The Matrix Reloaded - Explained

Started by james ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

The Matrix Reloaded - Explained

3 posts
  1. This one is worth repeating (for anyone who saw the movie):

     

    KEANU enters a ROOM OF LIGHT.

     

    KEANU enters a white room, the walls of which are covered in monitors. A chair spins around to reveal THE EXPLAINER.

     

    KEANU REEVES

    Who are you?

     

    THE EXPLAINER

    I am The Explainer. I designed the matrix screenplay. Unable to decently explain the convoluted plot well, I have resorted to putting myself here in the final act and

    having you ask all of the questions the audience wants to ask.

     

    (dramatic pause)

     

    You must begin by asking your own questions then gradually switch to asking those of the audience, in order to not make this scene any more awkward than it already is. Concordantly, while your first question may be the most pertinent,

    you may or may not realize it is also the most irrelevant.

     

    KEANU REEVES

    Why am I here?

     

    THE EXPLAINER

    Many years ago, shortly before the success of Speed, you sold your soul to the devil in exchange for a promise of notoriety that your piss-poor acting skills do not deserve. This series is the actualization of this promise.

     

    KEANU REEVES

    What was the Osiris? And who was that kid in zion who kept pestering me?

     

    THE EXPLAINER

    You will find the answers to these questions by purchasing The Animatrix, a collection of nine animated shorts from some of Anime's top directors.

     

    KEANU REEVES

    Alright. Well, what was that crap Glora said about vampires and werewolves? And how did Jada Pinkett Smith get to Laurence Fishburne during the car chase? And what the hell happened during the power plant takeover climax that-wasn't?

     

    THE EXPLAINER

    You will find the answers to those questions by purchasing the Enter The Matrix game, available for Windows, Playstation2, Xbox, and Gamecube. Enter the Matrix features awesome gunplay and spectacular martial arts that bend the rules of the Matrix. This game isn't just set in the Matrix universe--it's an integral part of the experience, with a story that weaves in and out of The Matrix Reloaded. Enter the Matrix is the story behind the story.

     

    KEANU REEVES

    Fine! Then tell me this, what the hell is with Hugo Weaving saying he and I have some special connection? And how come I can control machines in the real world? And will we win the war if I don't choose the door to my right?

     

    THE EXPLAINER

    You will find the answers to these questions when you watch The Matrix Revolutions, coming later in 2003.

     

    KEANU REEVES

    I hate you.

     

    THE EXPLAINER

    Perhaps you should drink more Powerade.

     

    KEANU REEVES

    Just answer me one question. We're not going to find out that the real world is in another matrix, are we?

     

    THE EXPLAINER

    Christ I hope not.

     

    KEANU leaves and flies to save CARRIE-ANNE MOSS from being shot. She is SHOT anyway. Then KEANU reaches into her matrix code and pulls out the bullet in a comical fashion.

     

    CARRIE-ANNE MOSS

    That was preposterous.

     

    KEANU REEVES

    Wait till you see what I do outside of the ship.

     

    THE CREDITS roll, as DISC ONE of the soundtrack is played in its entirety.

  2. Haha! It is now all perfectly understandable.

    :lol::D:D

  3. Thanks for the explaning the Matrix to me.

     

    Now, could you please explain StarTrek to my wife. I have tried, but she just doesn't understand the time-warp continuem (sp). I tell her, it's obvious,but she just doesn't buy it. Scheesch !

Fotosub Shop

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.