Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Lightroom 2.1 update

Started by clownphoto ·

  • 14Posts
  • 14Replies

Read-only discussion

Lightroom 2.1 update

14 posts
  1. Okay, I probably should NOT have done this, but I upgraded to the 2.1 version last night & now it's telling me "photo is offline or unavailable" when they are in the proper folders on the hard drive....anyone else had this problem and if so, how do I solve it :uwphotog: ? Thanks a million!

  2. Hey Janet

     

    I'm using LR2.1 - happily so far upgraded from 2.0. I've not had that problem! I presume your pics are not on an external hard disk that isn't plugged in at the moment? Cos that'll do it - but LR will recognise it when you plug it in again.

     

    If the images are on your built-in hard disk, you should be able to right click on the folder in LR. This will give you a Find Missing Folder message.... you can then steer LR to the right place and it'll then make the reconnections automatically.

     

    Apologies if I'm teaching you to suck eggs....... but this might help.

  3. Hey Janet

     

    I'm using LR2.1 - happily so far upgraded from 2.0. I've not had that problem! I presume your pics are not on an external hard disk that isn't plugged in at the moment? Cos that'll do it - but LR will recognise it when you plug it in again.

     

    If the images are on your built-in hard disk, you should be able to right click on the folder in LR. This will give you a Find Missing Folder message.... you can then steer LR to the right place and it'll then make the reconnections automatically.

     

    Apologies if I'm teaching you to suck eggs....... but this might help.

     

    Hi Tim,

    Thanks...I finally got it figured out yesterday! A right click on the folder in LR didn't help, but a right click on the thumbnail where the "?" mark is did! It showed me where the photo was originally and then I asked LR to find it as well as the "nearby missing photos" and they're all back where they below! I don't know how it happened, but it was over 1,300 photos so I was a little upset to think I had to reimport them. Other than this issue, it's been working well!

    Edited by clownphoto
  4. Yay! Well done Janet. I'm getting into the habit of shuffling around a LR page right clicking. Amazing what you find!

  5. I am still using Lightroom 1.4

    Is it time to switch to 2.1? Is it worth the price, etc?

     

    thanks,

    Dave

  6. Ditto Dave's comments.

     

    I have Lightroom 1.4. But it won't read the D700 Raw Files... Thinking of upgrading tomorrow!

     

    Alex

  7. Ditto Dave's comments.

     

    I have Lightroom 1.4. But it won't read the D700 Raw Files... Thinking of upgrading tomorrow!

     

    Alex

    If you can update the "camera" from a "D700" to "D3" inside the .NEFs' metadata, they will work in LR 1.4.

     

    I did just that for a few days until I got around to updating to 2.0.

     

    I like 2.x a lot - the local tools, the gradient filters, the camera profiles, the multiple monitors ... all great updates.

  8. I am still using Lightroom 1.4

    Is it time to switch to 2.1? Is it worth the price, etc?

     

    thanks,

    Dave

    Dave, the gradient filter for use on over unders is worth the price of the upgrade all by itself. Definitely.

    Steve

  9. I wasn't a huge user of LR1.4 but decided to commit to it when I switched to a Mac from a PC. I had to buy the LR2 version as Adobe wouldn't let me transfer the license for LR1.4 from PC to Mac; but would let me buy the LR2 upgrade as a Mac license.

     

    As Steve and others have said, LR2.x is very good. The gradient and brush tools are really useful; the keywording and spray keywording work very well. I'm using PS less and less as I get more comfortable with LR and, because of the brush tool capability, I have not taken NX2 on my Mac beyond the 30 day trial edition - and I used NX all the time on my PC.

     

    So, yes, I thought the upgrade well worth it. And, as far as I can see, LR2.1 works just fine. Very happy customer.

  10. I tried them both and settled on Aperture over lightroom, despite being a dedicated consumer of Steve Jobs Kool-aid. I now use Photoshop about 10% of the time I used to. Both 2.0 and 2.1 have been stable, with no problems.

  11. Just to add to the above:

     

    I've upgraded from 1.X all the way through to 2.1.

     

    No problems and the increased functionality of the 2 series is amazing.

     

    I really recommend this software!

     

    Adam

  12. Decided to bite the bullet. Seems to work OK.

     

    19.jpg

     

    Alex

  13. Decided to bite the bullet. Seems to work OK.

     

    19.jpg

     

    Alex

    What a great pic, Alex.

    I sure am glad none of my friends and family come to this site or see work like Alex posted above or most anyone's work here for that matter. They currently think my pics look great, lovely color, yada yada.. Virtually none of it would be worthy of display to anyone here.

    But I am working on it!

    Buying version 2.1 this weekend. Any special issues I should do or avoid when updating?

     

    I can buy a new version 2.1 for the price of the update due to special circumstances.

    Any reason I should not buy the whole version and give my 1.4 version to family?

  14. Oops. I meant Lightroom over Aperture (despite being an avid consumer of Steve Jobs kool-aid). My bad.

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.