To date, if I've wanted to print something I've either used my 6-color HP inkjet printer or sent them out to Adorama. I've been pretty happy with the results. The cameras used have all been advanced "point and shoots" (or film).
I've now been shooting a D700 dSLR for a bit and need to make a bunch of very high quality prints - several of them quite large ... from 16 x 20 up to 30 x 40 ... and I'm wondering if there's a "better" way.
I shoot 14-bit RAW and import to Lightroom which I run on hardware-calibrated high-end laptops (with about 45% coverage of the AdobeRGB color space). In the past, I would process to my heart's content, ultimately export an 8-bit sRGB TIFF and send it to Adorama allowing them to do image/color correction.
Should I:
A) Export 8-bit sRGB TIFFs and send to Adorama and keep letting them do image correction
B) Export 8-bit sRGB TIFFs and send to Adorama and tell them not to touch them
C) Export 8-bit sRGB TIFFs and send them to someone else ... any suggestions?
D) Export 8-bit AdobeRGB or PhotoProRGB and send them to someone else who can handle wider gamut files
E) Something else entirely
If I were to do D) and the lab doesn't do image/color correction, I'm asking for trouble given my hardware limitations, right?
Any advice or lab recommendations would be most appreciated.
Thanks!


