Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

DivePhotoGuide wins Best Website at Antibes

Started by echeng ·

  • 9Posts
  • 9Replies

Read-only discussion

DivePhotoGuide wins Best Website at Antibes

9 posts
  1. DPG_overunder.jpg

     

    DivePhotoGuide Awarded Best Website At Prestigious World Festival Of Underwater Images, Antibes

     

    Nov 1, 2008 (New York, NY) – Popular underwater photography & video portal DivePhotoGuide has been presented with the best website award at the 35th Annual World Festival of Underwater Images, one of the most prestigious underwater photo & film festival in the world, held annually in Antibes, France.

     

    Founder and Publisher Jason Heller said: “We are honored to receive this recognition from such a prestigious competition and I want to take this opportunity to thank all of our readers from around the world as well as our exceptional team - Wendy Heller, Matt Weiss, Gyula Somogyi, Richard Morris, Andrea & Antonella Ferrari, Keri Wilk and Miguel Novey. I'm honored to have such an amazing bunch of people on our team who share an intense passion for underwater imagery and the ocean.”

     

    About DivePhotoGuide.com

    DivePhotoGuide provides daily news, featured articles, product reviews, PRO and featured member photo galleries, competition calendars and amore. Although the emphasis in underwater photography and video, there is an additional focus on all issues scuba diving and ocean related and all the members of the DivePhotoGuide team are active supporters of the marine environment. The website has since undergone a couple of significant facelifts and overhauls and continues to evolve. DivePhotoGuide.com launched in March 2005 and was founded by internet agency entrepreneur Jason Heller.

    Edited by echeng
  2. Nice one !!!!

     

    I expect it was the large quantity of Gyula's Unicum that was drank helped... :P

     

    Congrats To DivePhotGuide :bottled:

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  3. Great Job Jason! Congratulations.

  4. Great site, well deserve the honor.

  5. Many congrats guys. I know Jason really wanted to make it to the show this year, and I know now he'll be double gutted he didn't make it. But I guess the trophy will ease the pain!

     

    Congrats also to Danny Van Belle for his winning film - AWESOME.

     

    I was sad that Alex Kirkbride's American Waters didn't win the picture book prize, although I have not yet seen the book that won.

     

    Alex

    Edited by Alex_Mustard
  6. Way to go, Jason!! And Wendy too!!

     

    Ellen

  7. Congratulations! Wonderful honor -

    Michele Westmorland

  8. Congrats Jason!

    You have really a great website and you really desreve that prize and even more for the quality of your work.

     

    Michel

  9. Hi all,

    On behalf of the whole DivePhotoGuide team, I just wanted to thank you all for the kind words. It means a lot to us.

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.