Although I've been using Sony Vegas Pro 8, I'm being left with the difficult situation of not being able to market my business more due to working with what is viewed by most in the broadcast field as a Toy NLE. It's understandable given that the industry is Apple and Avid centric.
Don't get me wrong, I love the speed and efficiency of Vegas Pro 8, but the inability to list Avid or Apple as an additional skill is limiting in my opinion, my options for additional work.
Since I'm not in the financial position to dump two machines (Laptop and desktop) and switch to Apple, I've been considering taking up Avid Media Composer as the best solution for working on Windows. I've looked at the other alternatives, but since my work is still mainly land based, I'm looking at trying to pick up some freelance editing gigs as well, and Avid seems to be the only bet for Windows that has any sort of chance.
Anyone working with Media Composer or have insights into what the broadcast industry is saying about it compared to FCS?
Thanks,