Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Worm from the Philies

Started by 10nus ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Worm from the Philies

3 posts
  1. Hello Everyone!

     

    Let me first introduce myself to you. Im a women diver from Holland. I only dive in warm waters and the most dives I have made in the Red Sea and a long time ago (80/90's) on the Maldives. Last month was the first time in the Philippines. Great!!! :bottled:

     

    A lot of names I can find on different sites but I'm still looking for names of some creatures and I hope you folks can help me to find the names. I know, sometimes it is very difficult but maybe only the *family* name will do. :P

     

    This worm was found on a nightdive in shallow water (2-3 meters) He was very long, maybe 1 or 2 meters. Whit the light of the lamp he/she crolls quickly back in a hole in the sandy bottum. Place: Moal Boal-Philippines.

     

    Thanks and hope to hear from you!

     

    greetings from Holland

     

    Tineke (10nus)

    post-22963-1225974150.jpg

  2. Does nobody has a clou?

  3. It's a nemertean. The big ones without distinct color patterns are hard to identify. Important characters necessary for identification include details of the head like position & shape of the mouth, lateral slits, etc. Unfortunately none of these show in you picture, sorry!

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.