Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

King Crabs and Scallops

Started by Phizell ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

King Crabs and Scallops

4 posts
  1. Hi there,

     

    I am no expert so this might be general stuff, but:

    1) very cool music

    2) you could cross-fade audio, e.g. around 0:42 there is this sudden burst of noise - would be nicer if you cross-faded that

    3. well done edits on end of each bar - most of the time

    4. the footage gets more body and dynamics from 3:20 with this soft music in the background - very nice, the camera gets above the sea level for 10 seconds and then dives into the water again at about 3:38 - in sync with music,well done.

    5. consider shortening some scenes that come later - e.g. the guy running into the sea, waay to long in my opinion, or the shots of these buildings - not so relevant, seems as if you wanted to use all material you had.

    6. The finish is very cool, and so are the tunes.

     

    Nice and funny video , thanks!

  2. Hi Automatic,

     

    Thank you so much for your great feed back it is really appreciated and it is great that you took the time to really critique the film and give some good tips.......I was commissioned to do all the underwater filming for a film company as well as acting as safety and technical advisor on the dives....so while I was there I filmed quiet a bit of footage behind the scenes, some of which is what I have put together.

     

    It was also to demonstrate to the company that commissioned me the sort of thing that I could do with graphics and editing in a short time. This is why it is more behind the scenes than a film production.

     

     

     

    Once again thanks for the feedback, of which when I get chance I will put into a final cut.

     

    Any further comments from you or anybody would be great.

     

     

     

    Phizell

    Edited by Phizell
  3. I would add much the same as Automatic. That being said I understand that it's a quick composite for promotion. The scenes where folks are standing about, flying in, driving are a a bit long. While it does add context to the overall story...sequences like these could be shortened.

     

    I also understand the necessity of being camera, safety and technical. Much of this can distract from the primary goal of getting the shot. We are also in the midst of creating outdoor videos. If you peruse a thread called Alaska Outdoors Television here on Wetpixel you might see some similarities and editing technique here and there. The television company has editors (several) that work on the episodes. When I edit, it is all so time consuming, and often tedious.

     

    Please feel free to leave me a personal message as there are some commonalities here.

     

    Cheers,

     

    Ken

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.