Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

FLASH CS4 encoder

Started by wagsy ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

FLASH CS4 encoder

4 posts
  1. Hi

    As most know the best way to put video onto the net now days is with FLASH.

    FLASH can do H.264 now but I have been messing around with FLASH CS4 and it's encoder and by the looks of it does a great job in encoder files. It will max out all your cores if you are using a QUAD CPU and for long encodes make sure you have a good cooler on you CPU as it will get pretty hot running at max speed.

     

    FLASH CS4 also has this codec called F4V now which the latest FLASH 9+ player can play and the best thing is you can add scene points to it like you can with flv but cannot with H.264.

     

    Anyhow here is a small 2 meg, 30 second F4V clip to show you it's quality.

    Its was rendered out as 1 pass vbr 600kbps max.

    http://www.hdvunderwater.com/test/test.html

     

    We were down at 100 feet (30metes) and the guy is using a HDCAM in a custom titanium housing.

    I am abit wobby as I had a dry suit on and was shooting one handed. ;)

  2. Hi

    As most know the best way to put video onto the net now days is with FLASH.

    FLASH can do H.264 now but I have been messing around with FLASH CS4 and it's encoder and by the looks of it does a great job in encoder files. It will max out all your cores if you are using a QUAD CPU and for long encodes make sure you have a good cooler on you CPU as it will get pretty hot running at max speed.

     

    FLASH CS4 also has this codec called F4V now which the latest FLASH 9+ player can play and the best thing is you can add scene points to it like you can with flv but cannot with H.264.

     

    Anyhow here is a small 2 meg, 30 second F4V clip to show you it's quality.

    Its was rendered out as 1 pass vbr 600kbps max.

    http://www.hdvunderwater.com/test/test.html

     

    We were down at 100 feet (30metes) and the guy is using a HDCAM in a custom titanium housing.

    I am abit wobby as I had a dry suit on and was shooting one handed. :guiness:

     

     

    Wags looks good, loaded real quickly also. That is some housing there ;) When I get a chance to play with it (CS4) will let you know how it works on an Octo Core Mac :P Just have not stepped through all of CS4 yet....

  3. Hi Drew

    Yeh it's only 600kbps max.

    I'll make another with with scene points, like a DVD scene selection thingy.

     

    Octo Core Mac...sounds funny...should be a winner. What's that going to cost you?

    I have been watching some clips on Photoshop CS4 and it has some cool new features and can use your GPU.

     

    I'm going to get a water cooler for mine so I can crank the 2.4 QUAD to 3.6ghz. It's amazing how easy these chips overclock.

  4. Hi Drew

    Yeh it's only 600kbps max.

    I'll make another with with scene points, like a DVD scene selection thingy.

     

    Octo Core Mac...sounds funny...should be a winner. What's that going to cost you?

    I have been watching some clips on Photoshop CS4 and it has some cool new features and can use your GPU.

     

    I'm going to get a water cooler for mine so I can crank the 2.4 QUAD to 3.6ghz. It's amazing how easy these chips overclock.

     

    Loaded the Collection in today finally and playing about as I menitoned in another thread. So far things are working well and the Encore doing a Flash DVD is cool. Had not tried that before.

     

    As to the Octo Core, well it is not going to cost me anything...well sort of. I already had it ;) 8 2.8 Gig Processors with 10 Gigs of RAM, 4 Terrabytes Internal Drives, another 14 Terrabytes External.

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.