Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Which Review/Playback Display do you use?

Started by bobjarman ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Which Review/Playback Display do you use?

4 posts
  1. Just curious, Do you use the Histogram display with the very small review image or the full screen playback?

  2. Well on My Olympus 4040 there is no histogram function so I just look at the screen with a full image on it.

     

    When looking at images in photoshop the histogram is very important in helping me interpret the picture.

     

    Did you have a specific camera in mind in asking this question ?

     

    Mark

  3. No I was speaking in general terms, both of my digis have a histogram, I guess I didn't realize that some did not.

     

    My Bad!

  4. Hi Bob.

     

    I found that it is necessary to use the histogram mode.

     

    The main reason is that you can have a shot with blown highlights, and it will look ok, on the little LCD. You won't know you missed the shot, until you get it in the computer, and curse yourself for not getting a proper shot of that great subject!

     

    I wish there were a mode with full size image, flashing over-exposure indication, and maybe a overlayed histogram.

     

    On the G2, I've gone back and forth, between the 2 and 10 second review mode. I find 2 too short, occasionally, to decide an image is bad, and delete it, before the review goes away. (Yes, you can hit set, but that's an extra op..)

     

    So, what I found is that using 10 seconds isn't bad, because if you half press the shutter, it will drop back to shooting mode, quite quickly.

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.