Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Aquatica Fuji S2 Pro Digital Housing Review

Started by wetpixel ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Aquatica Fuji S2 Pro Digital Housing Review

5 posts
  1. Info and experience packed review James - of what I think is probably the best DSLR combination available at the moment (I'm sure that comment will cause contention).

     

    One thing I don't understand is why the housing has TTL and manual flash synch sockets. Surely, with the S2 TTL depends on the setting on the flash and not on the housing/camera? Or is this just a carry-over from the D100 housing that won't be on the production version?

     

    Alex

  2. Hi Alex,

     

    Thanks for the kind words about the review. I appreciate them a lot.

     

    The way I understand the "bulkhead thing" is that you can order them in any combination that you wish. The unit I tested had a 5 pin TTL and a manual bulkhead. I think you're right that this is probably the same configuration that comes stock on the AD100 housing. I tried using both bulkheads as I was shooting manual flash.

     

    I personally would order the housing with two TTL bulkheads for the redundancy - even though I don't use the TTL very much anymore.

     

    Cheers

    James

     

    And PS - Yes, I agree with you that this is the camera/housing combinaton to beat right now. The 12-24DX lens wrocks!

  3. From James' review of the Aquatica housing....

     

    "I decided to use buoyancy arm segments to help offset the weight of my strobes -- especially for better balance when shooting macro with the strobes out in front."

    James, would you mind sharing a little more about these "bouyancy arm segments"? I am curious... are you using some sort of small device to provide positive bouyancy to the rig to help offset the weight and make it more neutral? I hadn't ever thought about doing that before, but it's a fantastic idea.

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.