Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Is there a housing for my digital still camera?

Started by Andi Voeltz ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

Is there a housing for my digital still camera?

8 posts
  1. ..this is a frequently asked question, eh?

    I have spend some time trying to answer

    it and other questions most accurately.

    The result is a interactive database which

    can be found digideep.com ...

     

    :)

     

    It is still under construction, but I would

    be very thankful if you could visit it to give

    us some early feedback.

     

    Thanxx, Andi

  2. Hy, why didn´t any Original Olympus Housings appear on your site?

     

    Heiko

  3. This could be very helpful for anyone looking for a new housing, strobe and other equipment.

     

    Right now a lot of information is still missing and it's going to be a lot of work to collect it.

    Maybe the other forum members could have a look at their equipment and add what they know.

     

    Sabine

     

    BTW: Ocean Brite is a distributor for Oly PT Housings, the manufacturer is Olympus Japan.

  4. Dear Heiko,

     

    thanks for pointing out my mistake! Also thanks to Sabine (snoack) for the additional information on the Olympus Japan "PT-..." Series. So far I always believed that Ocean Brite Systems was the manufacturer and not only a distributor of these housings. If you visit the site again you will now find them under "Housings/Olympus" instead of "Housings/Ocean Brite".

     

    But maybe anyone can help me with another hint about Ocean Brite Systems.

    They currently advertise with this banner on their website:

     

    image

     

    Does anyone know which manufacturer they will feature?

    Or are they going to build something on their own?

     

    Greetings back to Germany, Andi

     

     

    [Edited on 5.5.2002 by andi]

  5. ... for ur database:

     

    - buoyancy is slightly positive

    - man. white-balancing = yes

    - external lenses: attaching the sea&sea lens adapter allows to use the following sea&sea MMII conversion lenses (20mm WA, 16mm WA, 2T, 3T)

     

    btw: the cheapest distributor for both - camera and housing is "fotoversand-brinker.de".

     

    chironex

  6. Ikelite does it again!

     

    Wow Andi. That is some database. It is going to be great, as it gets filled in, and corrected.

     

    Boy, oh, boy. I followed the link for the canon d60, and ikelite, and voila, I found the same housing fits the kodak dc-2xx series point&shooters, and the D60!!!

     

    That is so cool! A compact, inexpensive housing, for such a great camera...

     

    I wish.

     

    :)

  7. Hi Don, ggrrrr.. that was a nasty bug,... -sorry- it must have sneaked in! please understand that with now 290 relations between the products this can happen. That is why I still rely on your testing feedback when I have messed something up. It would have taken ages until I might have encountered that mistake. thanxx for your support Don!

     

    PS: I should not work on the db close to midnight :) ... don't feed it after midnight!

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.