Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Slide film development

Started by scubababe ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Slide film development

6 posts
  1. I've only just started in this underwater photography malarky and haven't yet had any slide film developed.

     

    Obviously I've very concerned about ruining my potential masterpieces - can anyone recommend a good place to get the slide developed and mounted in the UK?

     

    I'm not sure I trust Snappy Snaps!! :lol:

  2. If you dare send them through the post then Fuji processing labs do and excellent, clean job.

    http://www.fujilab.co.uk/e6.html

    You can buy books of processing vouchers which equate to £3.95 per 36 exp roll for process and mount. Turn around is about 4-6 days.

     

    I send all my Kodak film to Fuji :lol:

     

    PauP

  3. I agree with Paul - Fuji are excellent. Kodak on the other hand cannot be trusted in UK. On 2 occasions they have ruined critical assignment work of mine.

     

    Paul: The new E100G Pro Kodak is the dog's!

  4. Just go to a quality lab near you, hopefully professional, or at least dedicated, not a drugstore or CostCo. I wouldn't be mailing film unless I had no alternative, it can sit in a hot mailbox for some time. Slide film is more sensitive than print film to temperature. Expect to pay around $8/roll, but sometimes they give quantity discounts.

     

    Jack

  5. Paul: The new E100G Pro Kodak is the dog's!

    Thanks Bob, I will ask my technical assistant to check it out for me.

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.