Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

The Ultimate Film vs Digital Test?

Started by Stewart L. Sy ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

The Ultimate Film vs Digital Test?

5 posts
  1. They're preaching to the choir as far as I'm concerned, but to any Digital naysayers out there... I guess film lovers could argue about using finer grain, lower ISO film...then just pull out a 5Dmk2!

     

    http://fwd.five.tv/videos/challenge-blow-up-part-3

     

    :P

     

    Stu

    Edited by scubastu
  2. Thanks Stu, that was fun to see, I've never seen a print that big. I must admit though I just kept looking at the cat suit!

    Steve

  3. Thanks Stu, that was fun to see, I've never seen a print that big. I must admit though I just kept looking at the cat suit!

    Steve

     

    Yeah, the print makes my 44" wide printer seem tiny by comparison...and the catsuit was distracting too.

  4. Interesting but a flawed comparison. The film is scanned and printed digitally so it really tests the scanning technology as much as it tests film.

     

    Don't get me wrong I love digital and think it performs as well as film for all normal applications and is vastly superior for it's convienience I just don't think the test proved anything.

  5. Wow, now I can finally switch!

     

    Oh, wait. Nevermind.

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.