Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Oceanic Whitetips & Reefs

Started by Ferg42 ·

  • 9Posts
  • 9Replies

Read-only discussion

Oceanic Whitetips & Reefs

9 posts
  1. Hi Folks,

     

    I've just uploaded a five minute video to vimeo. It was shot on Alex Mustard's recent photography workshop in the southern Red Sea. I was shooting stills most of the time, but the video gives a flavour of the action. I had my video camera with me for the best Oceanics encounter (sorry about the overkill on Oceanics footage, but the encounter was lots of fun :) . Shot on a Sony HC7 in Gates housing.

     

    http://www.vimeo.com/2330872

     

    It's in 720p HD, so if you have HD set to on, it looks pretty reasonable on fullscreen.

  2. Fergus,

     

    It does not have share permissions On! I can't see it. Not sure I want to, though!

     

    Alex

  3. Ooops, I've made it public now. Didn't realise private was the default.

  4. Happy days, indeed. Oh, to have had just one of those passes with the passes with that fat female! She's such a star. Caves look nice on the video and I remember seeing you filming that red anemone while free diving!

    Alex

  5. Fergus , Thanks for sharing :)

     

    The shark encounter was magical. Very appropriate to have all the footage of the shark, because she swam with the group for a very long time, it was almost like she was hypnotized by the flash of the strobes. Or maybe she just liked seeing her reflection in all the dome ports :monkey:

     

    Kathryn

  6. Hi Fergus

     

    Oooooh; it brings it all back! :)

     

    Great trip all round and my further diving in the Red Sea afterwards just reinforced how much more pleasurable it is to dive with other photographers in a professionally organised environment........

     

    R

  7. I cant wait for next week now... :)

     

    Going on the same boat so hopefully i'll get some nice sequences...If not some great dives and some sun...Ohhhh the bliss...

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  8. Yes a great week was had by all I think. Already dreaming of the next trip :)

    I really felt like i picked up a huge amount in a short space of time, having such a variety of great photographers around. Lots of fun!

    Dean, I reckon you'll have a wicked trip. Fab boat, excellent crew and yes, the sun does tend to shine out there. If you see the rotund female shark featured in the film, send her our love!

     

    Cheers

     

    Ferg

  9. Simply beautiful, thanks!

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.