Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

WA conversion lens fogging

Started by randini ·

  • 1Posts
  • 1Replies

Read-only discussion

WA conversion lens fogging

1 posts
  1. I've seen the threads on housing/lens port fogging issues and have been able to keep that very well controled.

     

    I have a Sea&Sea lens made for the PT-009 housing I got from the S&S closeout page a few months back and am using it on the Fantasea housing from my Coolpix P4.

     

    The other day while I was diving at Punta de Tralca (central Chile) my WA conversion lens started fogging. I'm sure it was the lens becasue when I noticed the fogging on the screen, I turned the camera around and could see the silver dollar sized disk of haze on the inside of the lens. I removed the lens and the housing's lens port was fine.

     

    Obviously I can't toss any silica gel packets in it, and don't know of anything that I could apply to the outside of the lens that would keep it from fogging on the inside. Anybody have any ideas? Also while I was in the water, the outer most rubber ring was loose, as though I would be able to screw it off (so I just tightened it back down). Should I try to unscrew it in a nice dry area (like a walk in fridge) and see if I can purge any humidity from inside the lens?

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.