Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Trying New Gallery Software

Started by james ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Trying New Gallery Software

6 posts
  1. Hi Folks,

     

    I'm trying out a new gallery package called Gallery v1.3.4. One of the reason's I picked this one is that is very easy to port over from my other package. Other reasons are that it is aesthetically much more pleasing, will display EXIF (my photos don't have it atm), and it does slideshows. Here it is:

     

    http://www.reefpix.org/modules.php?op=modl...lude=albums.php

     

    Make sure to try the slideshow feature, etc.

     

    I'd appreciate it if you could comment on the new software's functionality. Do you like it? It doesn't have the backend database that MyEgallery had - so it's not as easy to enter "properties" for a photo or an album, and there is no robust search - but I wasn't really using that stuff w/ my old gallery software. The old gallery is here:

     

    http://www.reefpix.org/modules.php?name=My_eGallery

     

    Thoughts?

     

    Cheers

    James

  2. James, nice revision to your site..........very easy to navigate the galleries, much easier than before

     

    Still would like to see f stops and shutterspeed

     

    Karl

  3. Karl,

     

    Thanks for the feedback. I will be able to get the Fstop and shutterspeed info in the gallery now. Unfortunately, I've been using "save for web" with my shots, and it strips the EXIF info. I'll go back and redo the most recent photos and we'll see how it works.

     

    Cheers

    James

  4. I have trouble with the black text on the dark blue background. You may consider supressing the filename displays in favor of textual descriptions. That way you can avoid descriptions like "clownsux" ! Is the shutterfly feature a convenience to the viewer or do get some benefit from it?

     

    Tesselated blenny looks as good as ever.

  5. I'll agree with Craig, I would steer away from the black text/dark blue background combination. Other than that it looks good and seems to work well.

  6. James, the new software is a tremendous improvement over the old stuff. Incidentally, the old pages did not fit on my laptop screen (loo large), but the new style does fit.

     

    There is a lost link on the left 'galleries', probably because of the new software you are trying.

     

    The blue print has to go, sorry.

     

    Also - of the few shots I looked at, they seemed on the dark side (not sure if this is due to the laptop, or perhaps because of the dark tones on the website).

     

    How do you find the time to set up such a pro site? Will you do one for me?????????????????

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.